Welcome to the CANA Catechetical Resource Center. If you're new to this resource we believe you'll find it indispensable in your teaching. The CANA Catechetical Resource Center is an online resource for Orthodox Christian educators. At its heart is the CANA Curriculum, an instructional model based on the story of Christ's first miracle.
The CANA High School Currriculum Grade 9 Unit 1 now available. It consists of two introductory articles and twelve lessons. The entire unit is 172 pages.
These sheets are designed to be downloaded, printed, copied, and handed out to the students in the class. All are in the Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Lesson 1 Student Sheet (276kb PDF) »
- Lesson 2 Student Sheet (456kb PDF) »
- Lesson 3 Student Sheet (384kb PDF) »
- Lesson 4 Student Sheet (288kb PDF) »
- Lesson 5 Student Sheet (376kb PDF) »
- Lesson 6 Student Sheet (384kb PDF) »
- Lesson 7 Student Sheet (244kb PDF) »
- Lesson 8 Student Sheet (328kb PDF) »
- Lesson 9 Student Sheet (296kb PDF) »
- Lesson 10 Student Sheet (288kb PDF) »
- Lesson 11 Student Sheet (344kb PDF) »
- Lesson 12 Student Sheet (264kb PDF) »
The INTRODUCTION button takes you to an animated overview of the CANA Curriculum (this is a Macromedia Flash presentation, which requires the Flash plugin and 800 x 600 VGA monitor.
- View the CANA Flash Introduction in your browser »
- Requires the Flash plugin
- Download the CANA Introduction for PC (2mb .zip file)
- Download the CANA Introduction for Mac (2mb .sit file)
- Orthodox WorldLinks™
- Orthodox Family Life
- Resource page of Phyllis Meshel Onest
- GOARCH Ministry Resources Page
- Orthodox Online Teachers Page
- 7-Zip (or any similar tool) - for "unzipping" zipped (compressed) documents
- Adobe Acrobat Reader - for viewing and printing Adobe Acrobat documents (PDFs)
About the CANA Center
At the wedding at Cana Jesus miraculously changed water into wine. Likewise, hearts and minds can be transformed by the Holy Spirit through your teaching. This is a profound responsibility, for as St. Theophan the Recluse stated, "Of all holy works, the education of children is the most holy."
The CANA Catechetical Resource Center, an initiative of the Department of Religious Education, is designed to be a hub of the community of Orthodox Christian educators, providing you with the timely, dynamic teaching resources you need
The CANA Curriculum is at the heart of the Center's services. This curriculum model is based on an integrated approach to Orthodox Religious education that looks not only at the learner, but at the entire community and context of the educational experience.